Dental implants are the current standard of care for the replacement of missing teeth.
A dental implant is a bio-compatible titanium fixture (tolerated well by your body) that is surgically implanted into your jawbone where you are missing a tooth. The implant will act like the root of your tooth, over which a crown, bridge or denture will be supported. Generally, one implant is placed to restore one missing tooth on a ratio of 1:1. If all or several teeth are missing, several implants can be used to restore your entire dentition to full function and beautiful aesthetics.
What’s involved in Dental Implant treatment? Simply put…
- Digital imaging helps us determine the quality and amount of existing jawbone,
- Study models are taken to aid in planning,
- Implants are surgically placed, allowed to heal for a prescribed period of time,
- Restorations are custom fabricated and placed over the implants,
- Benefits of dental implants,
- No need to use natural teeth for support,
- Independent of neighboring teeth,
- Strong and lasting,
- Actually preserve jawbone,
- Provide excellent chewing, biting and speaking ability,
- Deliver beautiful, natural esthetics,
- Feeling of confidence and youth,
- Do not decay, easy to clean,
- Suited to any adult – even medically compromised can be considered.
If you are considering a replacement for your missing teeth, dental implants may be your best option. Talk to Dr. Nitin Kapoor of Smile Town Dental Group in Grimsby today and start smiling sooner!